Martello Home Learning (Homework)
Home learning will now be set and completed using Google Classroom.
Please upload weekly challenges to the Google Classroom by Tuesday each week to allow time for the class teacher to mark your work.
Termly projects can either be completed/uploaded to the Google Classroom or brought into school to be celebrated.
What Home Learning Consists of at Martello Primary
Daily reading (20 minutes recommended)
Spelling practise (Vocabulary matched to each year group).
Numbots/Times Table Rockstars practise (login provided).
A weekly maths or English challenge linked to that week’s learning
Set: 3:30 pm Thursday Due in: 9:00 am Tuesday
Termly: - Creative project
Set: Second Thursday of each term Due in: Last Tuesday of each term
Covid-19 Working From Home
If your child is absent from school they will be joined to a Google Classroom called - Working From Home.
In this Google Classroom they will find the work that the rest of the class is covering in school. They will be able to log in daily to complete the work. This will ensure that they are able to keep up to date with the learning and be ready to continue when they return to school.
When they return to school they will then be removed from this classroom.
How do we log into Google Classroom at home?
The login details for your child should be with this letter. If this is missing, please talk, or email, your child’s teacher or the office and we will get this to you.
Computers, laptops or netbooks
Go to Google and click in the top corner to Sign In. Enter the login details. Then search for ‘Google Classroom’ or click this button to find the classroom logo.
Teachers and students can use the Classroom app on Android and iOS mobile devices. The Classroom app is not currently available for Windows mobile devices.
If you use a device running Chrome OS, such as a Chromebook, you don't need to install the app. If you're using a Chrome app to access Classroom, be aware that support for Chrome apps is being removed.
Install the Classroom app on Android
Your device must have Android 4.4 KitKat or later to get the latest version of the Classroom app.
1) On your device, tap Play Store .
2) Find and install the Google Classroom app.
Install the Classroom app on iPhone or iPad
Your device must have iOS 11 or later to get the latest version of the Classroom app.
1. On your device, tap App Store.
2. Find and install the Google Classroom app.
Do I need other apps?
To use all the features of the Classroom app, you need Google Docs and Slides. If they aren’t already on your device, you can get them from Google Play (Android) or the Apple App Store (iOS).
Codes to access Google Classroom
Year 1 Code: rgiomzc
Year 2 Code: j3fsttj
Year 3 Code: a53ys55
Year 4 Code: gykxokz
Year 5 Code: cswe5u5
Year 6 Code: oxrmfte
• Click on the coloured box, which will take you to your child’s class page.
Navigating Google Classroom
• The class ‘stream’ will appear which is essentially a notice board. On this page your child can see upcoming ‘assignments’ which are tasks that they
need to complete. Your child can also use this page to write messages or share files with their teacher and classmates. It may even be a photograph of something they have completed with you at home which is unrelated to tasks set by the teacher. It will be lovely to use this online platform as an opportunity to share ideas for activities you do at home as a family, as well as completing school tasks. Please ensure that the content of any messages or files are related to your child’s learning before uploading.
• At the top of the page you can select ‘classwork’ which will take you to the tasks your child has been set.
• On this page you will find a daily maths and English task available for your child to complete. These tasks will be assigned with a due date. Your child will also be given two Core Knowledge projects to work on over the next few weeks.
How does my child upload work to Google Classroom?
• On ‘classwork’ page, click view assignment
• You can then click on the documents, videos or links provided to support your child in completing a task.
• There are different ways your child can complete and upload their work. They may decide to complete their work in a word document or power point slides, or handwrite it and scan or take a photograph of the work to upload. If you do not have the facility to upload work but your child has completed the learning, you can still click the ‘mark as done’ button.
• To add completed work to the Google classroom click the ‘Add or create’ button. You can then select the type of file you are uploading.
• Once the work has uploaded, click the ‘hand in’ button.
• Your child’s teacher can then view, mark and return the work.
• At any point, you can use the ‘private comments’ section on this page to send a message about the work that only the class teacher will see. They can then reply, however this may not be an instant reply.
We hope this guide is useful in helping you to support your child with their education during this challenging time. If you have any further questions that cannot be answered via the google classroom, please contact the office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year R Home Learning - Tapestry
In Year R we use Tapestry for home learning. Please watch the instruction videos below to learn how you use Tapestry:
How to use Tapestry (mobile version)
How to use Tapestry (website version)