Home Learning During School Closure
Thank you for your continuing support and understanding during this difficult and trying time.
The health and safety of the children, staff and families of Martello are our key priorities as is the continuation of the high level of learning from home.
Staying in touch
We will post regular updates on our Facebook page, school website and via Marvellous Me. The school will also communicate via email frequently to keep you up to date with new learning opportunities and expectations. If you have recently had a change in email address can you please inform us at [email protected].
All communications will be monitored frequently during school hours and will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Teachers will be available to respond via email during school hours (9:00am – 4:00pm) Monday to Friday.
If you have any questions or queries during the school closure, please contact me on [email protected]
School Mobile Number – 07799734584
FLO Mobile Number – 07741638394
Reception – [email protected]
Year 1 – [email protected]
Year 2 – [email protected]
Year 3 – [email protected]
Year 4 – [email protected]
Year 5 – [email protected]
Year 6 –[email protected]
Mrs Speed – [email protected]
Mrs Prescott – Hayle[email protected]
Work packs have been sent home to every child, these will ensure the children are able to continue their learning straight away.
Logins to the individual programmes we will be using to support learning at home have all been sent out:-
- Google Classroom
- Purple Mash
- Teach your Monster to Read (KS1)
- Times Tables Rockstars
- Numbots (the same as Times Tables Rockstars)
If you have trouble accessing any of these or have not received a login please email your child’s class teacher.
Children will be expected to login in regularly to Google Classroom to access daily tasks and learning challenges.
- Set a timetable so that children know when they will be completing school work and when they are allowed free time. This will help to maintain routines and the expectation that children will be continuing with their learning at home.
- Have a set place where children will complete school work. Some children will find the concept of doing school work at home difficult and will feel home is for playing and school is for learning.
- As the children have at school, they will need break times and times for relaxing. Try to break up learning tasks with other activities.
- If you have a garden or outdoor space, can the children use it? Can they take their learning outside or could you get them involved in some gardening and learning about plants?
- Children are not expected to be completing school work if they are unwell.
Click on the links below for further information