As a key stakeholder, the views and suggestions of our parents are really important to us.
We welcome suggestions from parents about how we can improve at all times of the year and encourage you to contact us with any suggestions you have. You can do this by speaking to a member of the leadership team on the gate in the morning or at the end of the day, requesting a meeting with a member of the leadership team or emailing us on [email protected]
We will ask you for your opinions at different points throughout the year including through parent surveys, a suggestion box at parents evenings and through parent forums. Thank you for taking the time to contribute to these.
||Improving communication is always a key focus for us as a school. The relationship with home is vital in ensuring the education for the children.
We held a special Parent Forum to delve deeper into the ways in which we can improve and progress communication, following the forum we have:
- Formed a new PTFA to support communication and develop new experiences to engage with the school.
- Introduced a new Newsletter format to improve communication and sharing about upcoming events.
- Newsletter added to our Facebook page to increase access.
- Newsletter displayed in our office area to ensure everyone has access to a copy.
- All upcoming dates shared on the termly newsletter in advance to support parent attendance.
|Finding out about what the children are learning.
- Sharing of each class’s learning on the termly newsletter to give parents an insight to what the children are learning.
- A timetable of sharing photos and information of class learning each on Facebook to ensure parents further understanding of the learning at Martello.
- Additional ‘Get Involved’ afternoons to be held 3 times a year to give parents an opportunity to take part in their child’s learning.
|Getting to know the staff at Martello.
||To ensure that all parents know who the wonderful staff are at Martello:
- A staff profile will be included in the Term 3 Newsletter, to help get to know each member of staff at Martello and where they work.
- We will be adding a staff page to our school website to give you are more in depth understanding of who our staff are the amazing job they do.
- We will also be adding a FLO page to support parents in contacting Mrs Prescott for any additional support they need.